View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 05:56 AM
lorimax5859

This is definitely a new scam involving everything from embroidery machines to cars, vans, etc. Here is a reply I received after responding to an add on Craigslist for a 2010 Travel Trailer for $1900!

"Please give me a little time to explain you the process of this transaction,
As I told you in my first email, I divorced, I got a new job and moved to Augusta, ME. Before leaving I had prearranged the deal with Google Checkout so my presence isn't necessary. The trailer is located in Augusta, at the shipping company, ready to be delivered. The trailer will arrive at your address in 2-3 working days. The shipping cost is included in the total price of the trailer. You will have 5 days to test it and inspect the trailer prior to make any purchase. So if you want to make this deal I need the following details from you:
full name and address phone #. After I will have all this details I will forward them to Google Checkout and I will proceed this transaction. Google Checkout will contact you with all the details that you need to complete this deal and also to see that I am covered by them and that I am legit seller. Waiting your email with the requested details."

I emailed her that my son-in-law lived in the next town and would pick up the trailer (not true) and she responded the following "I intend to stick on my deal with amazon since they already have my rv sealed, with all the documents and ready for the shipping process to start. Thanks"

My son-in-law ran into the same situation with similar results. He feels if you respond they send you a fake form that looks like Google Checkout (but isn't) and they then raid your account.

English sounds off - probably from a foreign country trying to "bait and switch". Please beware!!!!

Last edited by lorimax5859; 07-18-2012 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Addit'l info