View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Ramona Byrd

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie View Post
Ramona please don't equate Irish and drunkard. It offends. My father was Irish and never touched a drop, for religious reasons. It sure is annoying when people assume.

I hope you find info about your Dad. There surely is information out there, but privacy laws are a serious obstacle in some places. Can you access voter registrations from the years shortly after he disappeared?
------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry if I offended anyone, it's just that the TV sort of jokes crept into my rantings. I'm myself part Irish and German on both sides, with a touch of Indian way back on Mom's side, so my surviving siblings and I are heavy drinkers of sodas, tea and water!!!

As for voter's registrations, that's a good idea, but I never remember him voting..I only knew him from age 14 to
16, and he was absent for months at a time after he dumped us on the Yuma Indian Reservation. So there's a lot about him I'm blank on. Now I'm trying to access people in our home town of Milton, WV, to see if there are any Bird/Byrds left who might have information about him. We lost track of them in the 1940s and only reconnected
with them in the late 90s.