View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 07:11 PM
Glenda m

I took a class to do a strip Lone star and was asked before I even signed up if I knew how to sew. LOL I pretty much had an idea on how to do this, but just wanted to get together with some quilters for a while. One of the ladies taught sewing at a local school and she brought the 'Newest" machine the classes she taught would be using. She didn't know anything about it and we had fun helping her set it up and discover all the great features this machine had. And so to class... The teacher would show us what we would be doing and cut us loose to do our thing. She would help those that needed help and the question about an accurate(sp) 1/4" seams came up. Teacher said on this type of quilt (all Lone Stars) you really had to be sure the seams were 1/4". When I got some of my quilt put together, the teacher commented on how good my seams looked and how all the points ended up where they were supposed to be. I said, "yes, you really have to be sure of those 1/4" seams." Everyone was looking at my work, I looked up and the teacher was "mouthing" Thank you, so only I could see. Makes you feel good when classes go good like this and she didn't mind when I would help someone. She said she liked to do classes where she learned something, too.
Would take any classes she teaches. And..I'm really not that good, but have made a lot of Broken Texas Lone Stars. Making one for each of my children.