Thread: RAK Thank You!
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 07:14 AM
Havplenty

teresa i have questions for you. there is this thread where folks are talking about not receiving gifts with cancer ribbons in them such as quilts, totes, etc. because it reminds them of their illness. of course i have my opinion on that subject (its somewhere in the thread) but just wondering what your thoughts are on this.

i know you have gotten several pink items in solidarity for your recent diagnosis but would you be adverse to receiving any other pink ribbon handmade gifts? do you feel that receiving pink ribbon items are shoving your diagnosis in your face and reminding you of it every time you look at the item?

i ask because it hadn't occurred to me that folks thought this way. several of my friends who are cancer survivors became advocates raising money and awareness of their particular cancers, wearing the various colored ribbon items in support of other survivors. it just never occurred to me to ask the question first before i made the item but then again i am around those or in contact with those friends of mine who are survivors so i have a sense of what they think. lemme know your thoughts.