View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 06:16 PM
vhord620

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
aha..I've had an epiphany re the problem with your paypal acct. I think it might be because you are transferring money from your bank acct into the Paypal acct, and maybe it looks like you are receiving from somewhere else (as a seller would) and therefore the gov't would have reason to require your SSN. Just do as I and let Paypal do an electronic funds transfer (EFT) directly from your bank acct..ie. the special acct you set up with your bank.....instead of transferring cash to your paypal acct. Makes sense????
Duh....never thought to do that, I just thought I had to keep money in my paypal acct, and when it got low I'd transfer more funds from the bank to paypal....maybe they did think I was a seller, but all they had to do was look at my transactions....whew! makes me feel better. But now I regret even giving them my bank acct number, but it's also dangerous using a credit card to make purchases, just have to be very cautious I guess. I sure hate to think I'd have to give up online shopping...LOL