View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 04:38 AM
AshleyR

It doesn't have handles on it, so I can't use it from the front. It's very heavy (aren't they all?). I probably need to clean my tracks out, but it rides pretty smooth. And my floors are most definitely NOT level!

If I could use it from the front, I think I'd like it a whole lot more. But it took me 2 hours to put the quilt on it, so I'm very tempted to get Red Snappers or something similar. For a small quilt (48 inches or less), I have a home-made version of them made of dowels. Found out the hard way it doesn't work on anything larger than the dowel! I also don't have anything for side tension (although I am going to get that taken care of today!!).

Driving from the back, I don't like being able to not see the quilt. Changing the bobbin, needle, etc is a pain. Threading the needle is an exercise in patience....

There's nothing wrong with the model I have (insert complaints about no handle bars here!!). I got an excellent deal on it, it's just not for me. I would LOVE to be able to use this bad boy as a table top machine and sell the frame. The cats love it!