View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 04:25 AM
MaryAnnMc

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

Do you know what hasn't been mentioned? The broken stitching isn't just unattractive, it jeopardizes the integrity of the quilt. Dorm quilts get dirty, what with food & drink and slumber parties in other rooms, studying on the grass, etc. and get a lot of washing. A few times through the laundry, and all that stitching is going to come out.

I understand your not wanting to confront this woman (I'd have a hard time, too) but do it for your niece's sake. Think about how she'll feel when her beautiful quilt falls apart.

So, like everyone else, here is what I recommend:

1. Take it first to the shop that recommended her. They need to know never to recommend this woman again.

2. Go back to the quilter. If she's half as nice as you say, she'll offer to rip out the stitching (and she should!). If not, request it. She should also refund your money, as you will now have to have it requilted and did not receive the service for which you paid.

3. Send it to someone on this board, you'll get back the most beautiful quilting, guaranteed!

You made a beautiful top. It deserves better, and so does your niece. Good luck, and let us know how it turned out.

Last edited by MaryAnnMc; 07-25-2012 at 04:27 AM.