Thread: Tangle Mess!
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 07:41 AM
Neesie

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
If you haven't tried the newer threads then how can you know if they aren't better? I always try the new and then decide before dismissing it just because of the price.
I use a lot of Coats & Clark. I also use a lot of Mettler. Both are holding up, just fine. Both allow me to sew a 1/4" seam and have matching points, etc. (when I'm careful LOL). I prefer the Mettler, as it seems to create less lint . . . HOWEVER, I already have lots of C&C, which I intend to use. Also, the C&C is easier to find, locally (the closest LQS isn't local. Then there's the price factor. For some people, especially those on a fixed income, price IS a very important factor. "Let's see . . . do I pay twice as much for the thread . . . or do I clean out the lint, an extra time or two . . . and use that money, to buy extra fabric?"

I honestly don't understand all the snobbery, about thread. What works for one, may not work for another. So what? WHY does anyone care, what someone else uses? WHY the need, to call someone else's choice, "crap"? If you don't like the thread/fabric/machine/whatever someone else uses, just don't swap blocks with that person. No need to insult anyone, because he/she chooses differently. Okay, standing on this soapbox is making my head hurt, so I'm getting down, now.