View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 08:48 AM
Deborahlees

Where will you be putting it to do the work and what is the size of the quilt.... On a dinning room table, which is where I put mine...or will you be on your hands and knees on the floor......Either way, what I do that works for me, is the dinning room table with some type of protection on it to protect it from me....as I tend to get agressive with my stuff.....The best is in a large room with multiple tables and perhaps 3 friends....but do not have the luxury as of yet.... so I lay down my oversized backing, then my batting (warm and natural) then my top, smooth, smooth smooth....then I find the middle and run a row of safety pins across left to right, then I flip the top back to the line of pins, spray basing or a thin line of glue 12" down from the pins, fold down top and smooth and smooth, flip top back to last line of glue, add more glue, fold down top, smooth and smooth and continue on and on....once the first half of top is done, I turn it around and do the other side....once top is done wait a little bit for the glue to dry and turn over and do the back. and then I quilt....quilt....quilt