Old 07-26-2012, 02:17 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

His name on there would be a great idea!
Start watching on the web, in books, etc. and see if there's anything else that seems to fit. The butterflies already mentioned, the daisy ... and of course, he has "friends"!!!

If you want larger squares .... the grid is 1", so you could use 2x2 squares on the grid, for 2" fabric squares that would finish as 1-1/2" ... not all that big. One inch squares are going to be pretty tiny as they'll finish at 1/2"!! Really depends on how big your grid is and how big you want Dopey to become!

And too, keep in mind, you really don't need to use the fusible. I did this one just by putting it all up on my design wall, then stitched ...
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...r-t136789.html
This way, you could actually use non 1" increments if you wanted ... eg. 2-1/2" unfinished.

SeaSaw ... Welcome to the thread! Great idea to FMQ butterflies and/or perhaps the daisies that W4Me suggested. I think BrookMarie, was thinking of the extra blocks, as that was the intent of this challenge, to start with a central character and build a design of other features around it (i.e. taking it a step beyond borders). Hope you have your thinking cap on and will soon share with us, your plans for a project for this challenge!

Last edited by QuiltE; 07-26-2012 at 02:22 PM.