Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 83

Thread: Please Meet ........ Mr. Ted E. Bear!!!!!

  1. #1
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,850
    Thought you'd like to see this little guy! He was "sew" much fun to make. Finished size is about 40"x60". The background cross-hatch quilting shows well and the borders are SITD, also, all is outlined with SITD. The body has Curly-Q quilting and his feet an all over meander. No quilting on the pink and blue, nor the pads of his feet. The brown is from ten different fabrics, and all the fabric was from my stash, except the pink! The backing is the same blue as the border/eyes.

    I gave the quilt to the family at the Garden Party Supper that followed his Blessing yesterday. Later the Baby's Father said to me, oh I'm so glad to see the blue as I was wanting to introduce that colour to him so he'd get identify it and the Maple Leaf (as in Toronto Maple Leafs hockey team)!

    hhmmmmmm .... perhaps a Toronto Maple Leafs Baby Bib should be made and gifted at Christmas?

    Thanks for looking ... and ENJOY!

    Thanks to someone on here who suggested I'd get better pictures outside. Now you can see a little of my home and flower beds
    Name:  Attachment-224834.jpe
Views: 1841
Size:  81.8 KB

    A closer look at Mr. Ted E. Bear!!!! :)
    Name:  Attachment-224835.jpe
Views: 1852
Size:  110.5 KB

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,381
    He is darling :-D

  3. #3
    Super Member Judith1005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    *where the sun almost always shines*
    Posts
    6,928
    Blog Entries
    9
    how adorable is he! ;) . what a lovely gift.

  4. #4
    Super Member fleurdelisquilts.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Evergreen LA
    Posts
    1,549
    How cute! Great idea for a baby gift, either boy or girl!

  5. #5
    Super Member Toto's Mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    N. Texas
    Posts
    1,776
    LOVE Mr. Ted E. Bear!!! You did a great job on him. And thanks SO much for sharing your beautiful garden. Here in Texas, it has been so hot and dry for so long now, any poor flowers I had are barely hanging on, even with watering. It is good to see something flourishing, and not all brown and dead. :cry:

  6. #6
    np3
    np3 is offline
    Power Poster np3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,032
    Blog Entries
    7
    cute

  7. #7
    Power Poster MamaBear61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Milverton, ON, Canada
    Posts
    13,231
    Mr. Bear is absolutely adorable. I am sure that you will come up with something cute to give to this little Leafs fan for Christmas.

    Your gardens are very, very pretty. I need you to come to my place to create something as lovely.

  8. #8
    Super Member btiny36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Heart of grain field
    Posts
    1,791
    Blog Entries
    4
    I believe I have somewhat the same pattern...great job...I just love him and it makes you want to cuddle up under that quilt...great quilting bytheway....

  9. #9
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,850
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaBear61
    Mr. Bear is absolutely adorable. I am sure that you will come up with something cute to give to this little Leafs fan for Christmas.

    Your gardens are very, very pretty. I need you to come to my place to create something as lovely.
    Thanks! Keep your eyes open for me, should you see a Leafs logo ready to roll for quilters. I did start looking last night, but other than taking one and creating my own, nothing yet. I'm visualizing a bib with the logo pretty much the full size.

    Or if you have any other idea for something smallish for a gift? He's the first Grand in the family, so there'll be lots of spoiling by all.

    As for gardening .... I am so NOT one to look to. My idea is throw in some seeds/bulbs/plants and let them go at it! As little maintenance as possible. I've been adding lilies the last couple of years and they are doing well, and becoming quite showy.

  10. #10
    Senior Member darlin121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Smiths Station,Alabama
    Posts
    852
    He is adorable!

  11. #11
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,850
    Quote Originally Posted by btiny36
    I believe I have somewhat the same pattern...great job...I just love him and it makes you want to cuddle up under that quilt...great quilting bytheway....
    Chances are that you do have the same pattern. I didn't like the looks of the piano key border, plus I am on a mission to use stash fabrics!! I think I have enough fabric left for a 2nd quilt and am going to "kit" one with the leftovers.

    I cannot take credit for the quilting. Great LAQ!! And yes, I was kind of sad to pass him on, as he was so much fun to make ... and my first Baby Quilt.

  12. #12
    Super Member Mazda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    1,025
    Love it!

  13. #13
    Power Poster MamaBear61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Milverton, ON, Canada
    Posts
    13,231
    I know that I have found Leafs fabric at Len's, the one I picked up was a flannel. But I think that you will be able re-create the logo that you could "piece". A bib is a good idea or maybe adding it to a cute piece of clothing (back of a jean jacket, or on a pair of PJ's).

  14. #14
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Toto's Mom
    LOVE Mr. Ted E. Bear!!! You did a great job on him. And thanks SO much for sharing your beautiful garden. Here in Texas, it has been so hot and dry for so long now, any poor flowers I had are barely hanging on, even with watering. It is good to see something flourishing, and not all brown and dead. :cry:
    Thanks!! Our brown lawns and dried flowers usually come about August! I am not a waterer, and hope that the mulch holds enough moisture to help the flowers survive. Keeping the hanging baskets and pots watered now, is a challenge at times for me!! :)

  15. #15
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,850
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaBear61
    I know that I have found Leafs fabric at Len's, the one I picked up was a flannel. But I think that you will be able re-create the logo that you could "piece". A bib is a good idea or maybe adding it to a cute piece of clothing (back of a jean jacket, or on a pair of PJ's).
    I'll have to scope out Len's and see what I find. I know you can get polar fleece. If you have a favourite bib pattern, shoot it over to me ... and then I'll know what I'm heading towards. Remember me? not knowledgable on all things kid! :)

  16. #16
    Power Poster MamaBear61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Milverton, ON, Canada
    Posts
    13,231
    We have day lilies around our place too, but yours seem much more vibriant, probably you have a better selection of colours. Ours were planted by the previous owner and are not quite to my liking (oh well).

  17. #17
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,850
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaBear61
    We have day lilies around our place too, but yours seem much more vibriant, probably you have a better selection of colours. Ours were planted by the previous owner and are not quite to my liking (oh well).
    Get more then! :)
    The only day lilies in the pic are the yellow ones to the left in the pic. The others are asiatic or oriental lilies (I can never remember which is which). Regardless, both the blooms last for a long time, vs. the day lilies that only last for a day, but you have many blooms. The first year the others are just one spike, then you'll have them shoot up several spikes and put on quite a show. Mine are just getting going now ... and will soon be even more showy. So far, they've proven to be goof proof for me and no work!

  18. #18
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    19,660
    Mr. Ted E. Bear quilt is adorable. Love all the shades of brown you used in it.

    Your gardens are lovely, too.

  19. #19
    Power Poster debcavan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Spring Green,WI
    Posts
    14,626
    Darling , just darling

  20. #20
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,092
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mr Ted E Bear is very handsome! Good job :D:D:D

  21. #21
    Power Poster MamaBear61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Milverton, ON, Canada
    Posts
    13,231
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaBear61
    I know that I have found Leafs fabric at Len's, the one I picked up was a flannel. But I think that you will be able re-create the logo that you could "piece". A bib is a good idea or maybe adding it to a cute piece of clothing (back of a jean jacket, or on a pair of PJ's).
    I'll have to scope out Len's and see what I find. I know you can get polar fleece. If you have a favourite bib pattern, shoot it over to me ... and then I'll know what I'm heading towards. Remember me? not knowledgable on all things kid! :)
    I know I found a quick one online that could be made in two different sizes. I made several and we used them as shower decorations before my twin grandchildren were born. If I find that link I will send it. There are lots of them out there. Did you see the bath towels that a QB member made? It was a posting I was looking at earlier today and they were really cute too, just an idea.

  22. #22
    Super Member quiltsRfun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    8,051
    Blog Entries
    1
    He's so cute! I like the way you photographed him.

  23. #23
    Power Poster MamaBear61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Milverton, ON, Canada
    Posts
    13,231
    I found the link to the bath towel idea.

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-136781-1.htm#3671765

  24. #24
    Super Member belmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,874
    I love it... So cute. Nice job!

  25. #25
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,850
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaBear61
    I found the link to the bath towel idea.

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-136781-1.htm#3671765
    Thanks for the link, MamaBear .... up to what age would those be good? I'm thinking that it's more for a wee babe? and would be too small by Christmas and hockey season??

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.