Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Please Meet ........ Mr. Ted E. Bear!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/please-meet-mr-ted-e-bear-t136789.html)

QuiltE 07-11-2011 07:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thought you'd like to see this little guy! He was "sew" much fun to make. Finished size is about 40"x60". The background cross-hatch quilting shows well and the borders are SITD, also, all is outlined with SITD. The body has Curly-Q quilting and his feet an all over meander. No quilting on the pink and blue, nor the pads of his feet. The brown is from ten different fabrics, and all the fabric was from my stash, except the pink! The backing is the same blue as the border/eyes.

I gave the quilt to the family at the Garden Party Supper that followed his Blessing yesterday. Later the Baby's Father said to me, oh I'm so glad to see the blue as I was wanting to introduce that colour to him so he'd get identify it and the Maple Leaf (as in Toronto Maple Leafs hockey team)!

hhmmmmmm .... perhaps a Toronto Maple Leafs Baby Bib should be made and gifted at Christmas?

Thanks for looking ... and ENJOY!

Thanks to someone on here who suggested I'd get better pictures outside. Now you can see a little of my home and flower beds
[ATTACH=CONFIG]224840[/ATTACH]

A closer look at Mr. Ted E. Bear!!!! :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]224841[/ATTACH]

the casual quilter 07-11-2011 07:18 AM

He is darling :-D

Judith1005 07-11-2011 07:26 AM

how adorable is he! ;) . what a lovely gift.

fleurdelisquilts.com 07-11-2011 07:30 AM

How cute! Great idea for a baby gift, either boy or girl!

Toto's Mom 07-11-2011 07:33 AM

LOVE Mr. Ted E. Bear!!! You did a great job on him. And thanks SO much for sharing your beautiful garden. Here in Texas, it has been so hot and dry for so long now, any poor flowers I had are barely hanging on, even with watering. It is good to see something flourishing, and not all brown and dead. :cry:

np3 07-11-2011 07:34 AM

cute

MamaBear61 07-11-2011 07:38 AM

Mr. Bear is absolutely adorable. I am sure that you will come up with something cute to give to this little Leafs fan for Christmas.

Your gardens are very, very pretty. I need you to come to my place to create something as lovely.

btiny36 07-11-2011 07:46 AM

I believe I have somewhat the same pattern...great job...I just love him and it makes you want to cuddle up under that quilt...great quilting bytheway....

QuiltE 07-11-2011 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by MamaBear61
Mr. Bear is absolutely adorable. I am sure that you will come up with something cute to give to this little Leafs fan for Christmas.

Your gardens are very, very pretty. I need you to come to my place to create something as lovely.

Thanks! Keep your eyes open for me, should you see a Leafs logo ready to roll for quilters. I did start looking last night, but other than taking one and creating my own, nothing yet. I'm visualizing a bib with the logo pretty much the full size.

Or if you have any other idea for something smallish for a gift? He's the first Grand in the family, so there'll be lots of spoiling by all.

As for gardening .... I am so NOT one to look to. My idea is throw in some seeds/bulbs/plants and let them go at it! As little maintenance as possible. I've been adding lilies the last couple of years and they are doing well, and becoming quite showy.

darlin121 07-11-2011 07:52 AM

He is adorable!