Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Please Meet ........ Mr. Ted E. Bear!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/please-meet-mr-ted-e-bear-t136789.html)

QuiltE 07-11-2011 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by btiny36
I believe I have somewhat the same pattern...great job...I just love him and it makes you want to cuddle up under that quilt...great quilting bytheway....

Chances are that you do have the same pattern. I didn't like the looks of the piano key border, plus I am on a mission to use stash fabrics!! I think I have enough fabric left for a 2nd quilt and am going to "kit" one with the leftovers.

I cannot take credit for the quilting. Great LAQ!! And yes, I was kind of sad to pass him on, as he was so much fun to make ... and my first Baby Quilt.

Mazda 07-11-2011 07:55 AM

Love it!

MamaBear61 07-11-2011 07:57 AM

I know that I have found Leafs fabric at Len's, the one I picked up was a flannel. But I think that you will be able re-create the logo that you could "piece". A bib is a good idea or maybe adding it to a cute piece of clothing (back of a jean jacket, or on a pair of PJ's).

QuiltE 07-11-2011 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Toto's Mom
LOVE Mr. Ted E. Bear!!! You did a great job on him. And thanks SO much for sharing your beautiful garden. Here in Texas, it has been so hot and dry for so long now, any poor flowers I had are barely hanging on, even with watering. It is good to see something flourishing, and not all brown and dead. :cry:

Thanks!! Our brown lawns and dried flowers usually come about August! I am not a waterer, and hope that the mulch holds enough moisture to help the flowers survive. Keeping the hanging baskets and pots watered now, is a challenge at times for me!! :)

QuiltE 07-11-2011 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by MamaBear61
I know that I have found Leafs fabric at Len's, the one I picked up was a flannel. But I think that you will be able re-create the logo that you could "piece". A bib is a good idea or maybe adding it to a cute piece of clothing (back of a jean jacket, or on a pair of PJ's).

I'll have to scope out Len's and see what I find. I know you can get polar fleece. If you have a favourite bib pattern, shoot it over to me ... and then I'll know what I'm heading towards. Remember me? not knowledgable on all things kid! :)

MamaBear61 07-11-2011 08:00 AM

We have day lilies around our place too, but yours seem much more vibriant, probably you have a better selection of colours. Ours were planted by the previous owner and are not quite to my liking (oh well).

QuiltE 07-11-2011 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by MamaBear61
We have day lilies around our place too, but yours seem much more vibriant, probably you have a better selection of colours. Ours were planted by the previous owner and are not quite to my liking (oh well).

Get more then! :)
The only day lilies in the pic are the yellow ones to the left in the pic. The others are asiatic or oriental lilies (I can never remember which is which). Regardless, both the blooms last for a long time, vs. the day lilies that only last for a day, but you have many blooms. The first year the others are just one spike, then you'll have them shoot up several spikes and put on quite a show. Mine are just getting going now ... and will soon be even more showy. So far, they've proven to be goof proof for me and no work!

bearisgray 07-11-2011 08:06 AM

Mr. Ted E. Bear quilt is adorable. Love all the shades of brown you used in it.

Your gardens are lovely, too.

debcavan 07-11-2011 08:07 AM

Darling , just darling

amma 07-11-2011 08:12 AM

Mr Ted E Bear is very handsome! Good job :D:D:D