Old 07-27-2012, 04:27 AM
kristen0112

Originally Posted by terri bb View Post
no Tartan it has to be that wide to make it fit. i dont have enough of anything to make another border. but while i was doing dishes i just ran in here wiping my hands on my shirt and thinking hey! tell me what you think a cream color border would look like with some appliqued flowers, etc here and there on it would look like? im taking the binding and scrapping it like the quilt so i will bring in some outer color. whatcha think???? a woman's best work is while daydreaming out the kitchen window! okay well this might not be a good idea but i can throw it in. your ideas are all fabulous thank you so much!
You've had a lot of suggestions. But I like your idea of a solid border with appliqued flowers. Except instead of cream I would use the binding color you've used in the rest of the quilt. I think it would tie it in and the appliqued flowers would look smashing! Love your quilt but hate that border choice. When the picture came up I thought she must have been making this quilt since the early 80's I look forward to seeing the finished quilt.

Last edited by kristen0112; 07-27-2012 at 04:29 AM.