View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 06:13 PM
Janquiltz

Well - ditto, ditto, ditto. My machine does "yell" at me when I leave the pressure foot up and try and sew; the icon on the setting window does flash if my thread breaks, but not when the needle isn't threaded, or when the bobbin runs out. Of course, the bobbin thread on my machine usually runs out a few inches before finishing what ever I was sewing - or just as I have made the perfect miter on one of the binding corners. You would think with all the technology someone out there would figure out how to build a dsm that would hold a larger bobbin and figure out how to put a light in the bobbin area so you could really see how much thread was left without having to take your fabric completely out from under the pressure foot. When I get to the point where I am having to undo/re-do whatever at the machine - I turn it off and walk away for awhile - usually to go and read for awhile (preferably with chocolate of some sort close to hand or a cup of coffee - or I do some hand work. Oh ya - if I drop a needle or a pin on the floor, DH's bare foot is usually the one that finds it. Kinda like he always got the bay leaf in his spagetti and meatballs!