View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 10:38 AM
starshine

I Loved the opening ceremony! Didn't see your post until today-- In an interview prior to the opening Meredith V was interviewing Mr. Dooley(?) he stated that Beijing opening couldn't be "topped" but in a different way or perspective he thought the London opening would be memorable for its own special features. (paraphrasing here). Anyway, loved the timeline, the forging of the rings, the highlighting of Britan's contributions such as literature, esp. children's. The kids jumping on the beds and Mary Poppins chasing away the boogie men, the doves, the Queen's good sense of humor in "parachuting in". Really loved the symbolism put in by all the leaves accompaning each country's team being put together to make the cauldron a composite of all. Speedboat racing down the Thames and the honor guard of all the construction workers who built the stadium. The seat pixels. AWESOME! in its own right.

For those confused about modern love story... the man who developed the world wide web was a Brit, and the love story was a vingette showing the development of our modern digital age.
I rather like that each country has their own "flavor" for the opening and closing ceremonies, with the parade of athletes being the constant. The 2 things that make me sad about the parade of the athletes is they don't get to see the show, and since some competitions are the next morning some opt out of the parade so that they are able to compete with out being tired out from being in the ceremony.

Last edited by starshine; 08-01-2012 at 10:52 AM.