Old 08-01-2012, 12:41 PM
mpspeedy

I am foratunate enough to work with a Bernina Dealer who is Menonite. He and I have done a lot of business. About a year ago I traded him my almost 20 year old much loved and used Bernina 1260 for a gently used Artista 185 without the embroidery module. He also bought back from me the dozens of special feet I had purchased for my 1260 over the years and the dozens of bobbins that would not fit the newer machine. I had been working for another Bernina dealer when I purchased the 1260 in the 90's and got it for the dealer price of I think $1800. Between buying back my feet and the bobbins plus the older machine, the newer machine cost me less than $500.
Several years ago I purchased a Bernina 220 which is a much less expensive and lighter weight machine from my first dealer to take to retreats etc. The feet for it fit my now newer machine.
It is worth talking to the dealer who sold you the new machine to see what kind of deal he is willing to make. If they are the ones who have been working on it for you. I am sorry to hear that you have had trouble with your Bernina. I am a confirmed Bernina lover.