Old 08-02-2012, 06:44 AM
vickig626

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
My 830 was a pain for the longest time until I found out that it didn't like the thread I was using. I switched to Gutermann cones and now have not had one problem. At first, I wanted to take mine back, also, but I hung in there and now I'm happy as can be. It doesn't like anything but cones. I ordered some other brands of cones to see if she'll like them, but I know the Gutermann cone did the trick.
I have a Babylock and have been using Gutterman thread too. Seems to work so much better. When my machine doesn't like a type of thread, it definitely lets me know. I only use Coats & Clark when I can't find a specific color match. Connecting Threads thread is happy in my machine too.

Never had a Bernina so can't help you out other than as mentioned to contact the company directly. Can't hurt. And, I'm actually very surprised at the comments about problems. I thought the Bernina was the best machine on the market. I've had my Babylock 4 years now and it's only been in the shop once for cleaning.