Old 08-02-2012, 10:20 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

i've never quite understood the statement- I hate doing housework-
what is he point of hating an activity that is just a normal- has to be done thing- like getting up in the morning & eating?
you can make it hard- or you can make it easy- but you can not make it done without doing it
if you get yourself into a regular routine- turn on some music & just get it done- it is so nice when finished- doesn't really take long- you have a nice- clean- healthy home- and then time for other activities you enjoy more. when you don't do it-you stress over it- fret, complain, and hate it when anyone stops by- having to come up with excuses---it is so much easier to avoid all the guilt- stress & frustration & just get it done.
my hubby & i both work- fairly stressful jobs- lots of hours== we work together at home keeping the basic (domestics) done (that's what he calls it)
big stuff like vacuuming, the bathrooms & laundry are done once a week- there's only the 2 of us-so it's enough-
the kitchen is done daily- we take turns cooking after eating we get up from the table- put any food away that needs to be put away- he rinses dishes- hands them to me to load the dishwasher- then i wash the items we do not put in the dishwasher- wipe down counters/stove/table- mop the floor- turn out the lights & the kitchen is done and ready for the next meal takes about 10 minutes- (i only mop after dinner-not after every meal-if we are home for breakfast/lunch everything else is the same-except the mopping part)
one day on the weekends- he cleans both bathrooms (including toilets/tubs/shower- mirrors/surfaces & mops) i strip & remake the bed=get laundery going & dust/vacuum the rooms with carpet- we pick up things & make sure everything is taken care of before going to bed at night- it's all just part of life- no reason to have (strong-feelings) against a basic necessity.