View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 10:40 AM
SouthPStitches

Yes I do remember, living in central NY in the 50's until now. Anyone that thinks global warming isn't going on needs to take the blinders off. Every winter, the snow fall was measured in feet, not inches and it went on from before Halloween until sometimes early May. I remember the spring of 1973 I was graduating from college. A freak, heavy snow came through, ruining apples trees, taking down lilacs, etc. This was the week of Mother's Day. Winters aren't what they used to be and that's not a bad thing. Seems like we get clobbered on the other end with heat and drought though.

Originally Posted by oma66 View Post
I grew up in the Lake George, NY area and I remember having 4 seasons....3 months of winter, 3 months of spring, 3 months of summer, and 3 months of fall (including Indian Summer). We knew what to expect with each season...well, now it is impossible to know what kind of seasons they will have in that area. Does anyone else from the northeast remember the seasons the way I do?

I now live in AZ and I never complain about the heat - we are in the desert and it is HOT in the summer, so how could I complain? But....we usually have 7-8 months of wonderful weather and it is worth the wait. Snowbirds by the thousands spend at least 6 months with us during that time to escape the winters in their home states.

Like others who are experiencing drought, we pray for rain and get little, but when it is a down pour it does a lot of damage because it floods. Oh, the woes of the weather everywhere....