View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 10:29 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
Well, I'm sitting on MY hands.
I do not do well in the colder, shorter months. To me cold hurts, heat is (just) uncomfortable. But I live where I can pretty much run around in a tank top and panties all day long inside and keep the AC set at 78.

Leave me the heat and sun any day over cold, less sun, and dampness!!

Jan in VA
FINALLY, someone I agree with. Cold weather brings on more pain. We may not get that much snow here and when we do its normally gone the next day but the cold weather is what really makes my back disease act up and that causes pain from my back down to my knees. I don't have to slip on anything; it's part of my daily life and the cold just brings it on harder. Growing up I used to think people exagerated when they said the cold weather made them ache; I guess God needed me to understand so I have a back disease that shows no exageration needed. I have to deal with some pain in the summer but it isn't made worse by the heat. I work in a cold enviroment that normally requires me to wear a jacket at all times and then I have an AC at home. I can keep the AC set up at 78 and it'll still kick on but it takes the humidy out of the air and that's the worst part. For me the worst part is finding a time to cut my lawn and paying the higher electric bill. I have crappy heat in my house so in the winter I can't get warm at work or at home so it's worse. I do wish it'd cool down a little but I'll never wish for the "cold" winter weather to come around. I miss the weather in Hawaii.

One nice thing this year is even though we've had a really hot summer; we've also had a lot of rain. My grass is really green, tall but still it's green and that beats brown of any height.

Last edited by romanojg; 08-06-2012 at 10:31 AM.