Old 08-08-2012, 06:10 AM
Sewnoma

I draw my own patterns, mostly. On graph paper first, then the ones I think are worthy of further playing get punched into EQ7.

I am known for filling entire pages with quilt block doodles during our weekly 2 hour meetings at work, LOL. Fortunately my boss is a firm believer that people who doodle during meetings are still paying attention so I don't get into trouble. (I do occasionally flip to a different page and make an actual note, I actually AM paying at least SOME attention.) And honestly if I weren't doodling I'd be trying not to fall asleep during half of these meetings...

Right now I'm making my first quilt from a pattern, and I'm not making the actual quilt pattern in the book, I just am using the block design. And I DON'T LIKE how it's assembled; I wish I'd made a test block first because I can think of at least one way to simplify the block construction but it's too late because I already cut everything out for the way the book has it. Live and learn!!! So I re-built the block in EQ "my way" in case I ever want to use it again, LOL.