View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 07:58 PM
BellaBoo
Power Poster

Oh, I have horror stories about Hancock's Fabrics in my area (they are no longer here now). I never knew what to expect when I went in there. Always a new manager and new employees every other week. The best episode was when I bought 1/2 yard of fabric. The ticket said .5. The cashier a younger woman rang up 5 yards. I said no it's 1/2 yard. She said the ticket says 5 yards. I said no .5 is 50 which is half. Does this bit of fabric look like five yards? She said she didn't know she didn't sew. She called the manager to come 'deal with a customer'. The manager (new, been there for two days, friend of the owner's daughter) bounced over said with a big smile, what's the problem? I said I was charged for 5 yards of fabric and handed her the ticket. She looked and said okay, what's the problem. I said I bought 1/2 yard. She said the ticket says 5!!! I picked up my 1/2 yard and opened it up and was swinging it around my head saying does this look like five freaking yards of fabric???????????????? I left with my fabric and I paid for one half yard.