View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 08:51 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
I have some questions now -

Can one put on one's permanent label wherever one wants to - and then make a 'temporary' one for any given show and just 'lightly' sew it on? Would one have to cover the permanent one for the show?

Would one need to baste a piece of muslin or something over the permanent label?

Do judges look at the label(s) and evaluate the 'quality' of them? Occasionally people do put labels over boo-boos to hide/camouflage them.

This whole label issue hasn't been an issue when I have entered.

Permanent labels are to be covered. It's quite acceptable to use a piece of fabric and pin it on with safety pins.
Likewise, some shows/fairs require a hanging sleeve, some not. The sleeve may be permanent or it is acceptable for it to be pinned in place.
Entry tags are cardstock cards provided for us to complete to be pinned on. Only class info is shown for judging, then the personal info is unfolded to show afterwards.
And all the above mentioned pins MUST be safety pins, for obvious reasons!

And to note this is what I have found with the Fairs I have entered. As stated earlier, it's important to READ carefully before taking in one's entries, and make sure all meets the requirements. And then READ again, to see what one has missed!!!!