View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 07:01 AM
Gwyn

If you find a person you like to work with, who is willing to help you, you will like the fabric store. I have a great lady that works at Walmart in the fabric department. She is so patient and friendly. I take my post-it note pad in and as I find the fabrics I want, I label what I need. I'm a very slow shopper, so she will take 3-4 bolts and cut my yardage as she has time. The bolts go back out for other customers, and by the time I finally choose my last pit of notions, my fabric is cut and ready to go. I call ahead to make sure she is there before I go. However, yesterday, I was in a hurry so Randy and I just stopped in. There was NOBODY in the fabric department and about 20 customers. Randy was getting really angry so I... yes me, got out of my wheelchair and started cutting fabric.

I used my post it notes to label and record who bought what. After nearly finishing all 25 + customers, keeping both a running log and making price tags, the Security Guard came and asked me what I was doing. "Cutting fabric for your customers." "Are you authorized?", "Sure, I come here all the time. I didn't cut paper with the scissors. Not only that, but I sold over $700 in fabric and notions. You should thank me."

NOBODY has said a word. Not a thanks, boo, kiss my foot,or anything.
This morning my friend called me and asked if I was the mystery attendant. (She recognized the sticky notes.) Guess what. Each and every piece of fabric I cut was purchased and paid for. None was swiped. Each sticky not returned to the fabric department and matched up with the log I kept. And now that they know how many people can be there in an evening, they are going to keep a fabric departrment person there until after 12:00 midnight.

I know you don't like to go to Walmart, but it is all I have. Gwyn