Thread: Singer 301 301A
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 05:47 AM
amyjo

I have a mocha 301A short bed. I pd. $86.00 for her in a case and then I took it to my sewing machine man and he cleaned her all up and runs like a top for another $50.00. They are the big sister to the FW. I had two long beds in cabinets back before I knew better and sold them. But I got $100.00 each out of them. They handle just about any type of heavy sewing you want to do and I also have a black one that has the holder on it for in a cabinet. I pd $90.00 for her and she went from TX to KS then to WA before she came home to me. The seller used FED Ex and had a mix up and the machines were on a merry go round but evetually ended up where they needed to be, except the beauty that came to me was a Jones Hand Crank in a Bentwood case and was really beautiful. I shipped it to the guy and put ins and a track # on it and he sent it back to the lady in TX and it was ruined. He put the case in water and ruined it, I don't know if she ever got the machine to work again or not. Anyways, I am glad I had repacked it and insured it. He claimed that was how he got it, but he couldn't collect the ins from the PO. He pd almost $500 for her and went into a rage because it didn't arrive on time to him. Wasn't her fault. She was in wheelchair and sent it to Fed Ex to be shipped. So it all depends on what you are willing to pay for a machine, but if they are in good shape they will last a lot longer than us ole quilting ladies. Good luck with getting a good machine.