Old 08-12-2012, 04:14 AM
oleganny

Originally Posted by dotski View Post
how about a crazy quilt but only make 1 very large contunius square. say big enough for a lap quilt. start in the center and just keep sewing and flipping pieces of fabric. what's your honest opinion. do you think it would work ? how would you do it ? on just a foundation piece of fabric then layer batting and backing or stitch with the batting already on or with batting and backing already layered ? i'm boared and this is what happens i get crazy ideas..........
As I remember, this is sort of how my grandmother made crazy quilts, except her patches were not necessarily square or symmetrical - they could be any shape. I do remember that sometimes she would just applique a patch to the quilt to cover raw edges - these were always made on a foundation fabric, & they were beautiful. Her jhandwork ws exceptional - I just wish I had one of these quilts, but my aunt got them & no one knows what happened to them. I am lucky enough though, to have several quilts my mother made & they are beautiful too - just not crazy quilts.\

Shirley in Indiana