Old 08-14-2012, 04:14 AM
calicojoan

Hummm... I will have to check them out again. I pretty much wrote them off awhile back, when you could almost see thru 2 layers of fabrics. The quality got pretty horrible for awhile. I am a fabric dyer, and have always used JoAnn's sateen solids for that. This last batch that I got there the quality was such poor, that I have not done any dying since. The fabric weave was much looser and you could see it on the selveges. The way they market those blasted coupons, where you can't use them because they put things on sale for a small discount irritates me, so I have kept myself away from them as much as I can.

We are fortunate enough to that a great quilt shop that offers all fabrics at $9 a yard, they have beautiful quilt shop quality fabrics. I can't say I have seen sub-standard fabrics there as of yet. So that's where my $$$$ go. We also have a new Wal Mart with a beautiful fabric department. The prices for good fabric is not all that low, but they have a lot of really nice fabrics. The old store a few miles away has all junk. Have to wonder why such a big difference in quality??