View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 05:13 AM
luvTooQuilt

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Im just a shopper.. I find reasons, more like excuses to run to the Fabric store...

I go on shop hops.. Usually get 25% off if cut off the bolt
But im not one to buy just one yard.. Im more of 'im gonna buy the rest of the bolt' kinda gal.. BUT its gotta be a great price too.. I wont splurge over $6/yard and if i take the bolt usually the LQS will give an addt'l 20% for making more room for them.. lol..
I got a few older/vintage boxes from a wonderful lady ( Luise- quilting in heaven with my MIL).. Great neat old fabrics.. i use them for backing as its all yards and yards...
I go to auctions and find feedsacks (real 1930s are my absolute favorite) ...
Garage sales too, but not necessarily thrift stores-never had any luck finding useable CLEAN fabs- but i have found a few quilts that i gave a good home to..
My Dad is notorious for finding 'great finds' at garage sales so every time i go visit i come home with another tub of fabrics - THANKS DAD, You are the greatest!!!

In time you you will have a stash, be patient, check out the LQS sales section, Craigslist, get put on Fabric shops mailers for specials and coupons and upcoming events like sidewalk sales...