View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 06:28 AM
Suzan88

Originally Posted by nygal View Post
If I see a fabric that I think is beautiful I now buy 2 or 3 yards of it. I use to just buy 1 yard but I found that if I love it I want more. I may buy a fabric that I think is "unusual" and then I buy a yard or two. I recently found beautiful all coordinating fabrics on sale and I bought many yards of each. I have no idea what quilt I make with them but I knew I wanted those fabrics.

I plan to make a black, white and red quilt so I have been buying some nice fabrics with only those colors. Then when I choose the pattern I will audition each fabric and choose which ones I will use in that particular quilt.

I rarely buy just Fat Quarters anymore. I use to but I found that I rarely had enough to make anything of a significant size.

I am currently working on this quilt and it is made of a lot of the fq's that I had collected over the years. I am pleased with it but it certainly made my fq stash go down which is fine.[ATTACH=CONFIG]356274[/ATTACH]

I love that quilt... and the edging.
Don't you find that fat quarters are the most expensive way to buy fabric? Our LQS charges $3.25 each regardless of what the yardage costs and I always have to straighten them up so the usable part is less than a FQ. I only buy yardage now that I have an Accuquilt cutter and can create my own strips and squares.