View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 07:32 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

why would you be hurt? i would be hurt if someone sent a quilt to the landfill- or burning barrel- feeling it was so bad it should be disposed of- but other than that-
if someone gives me a gift i have no use for-do not care for- simply is not something i want why should i keep it? i give it to someone who does like it/want it/will use it- whether it's someone i know or a charitable organization.
i do tell some people when i give them a quilt---if this one doesn't work for you-your decor- it 's ok to give it back & i will make you something else- so i always give them an out-
i made a quilt (that i thought) was a pretty nice one- for one of my brothers---he always says he loves it! he uses it to cover the wood pile, to cover stuff in the back of his truck, to lay out & put tools on when working on something---he's used it for all kinds of things---which would cause some people to just have heart attacks---& be very upset about---he laughs & says---its the best quilt i've ever seen! i use it for everything- i just shake my head & walk away- one day i may manage to make one that's (so worthless) it will only be on his bed
there really is no point in being upset- hurt- by what people do with something that is not yours...you gave it away---why can they not give it away?...or use it anyway they feel it should be used-
i get upset sometimes about kids quilts that parents pack away never to be touched- to me that is an insult...when i make a kids quilt i expect that child to be able to haul it around, build forts, have sleep outs, take in the car---wear it out- then i have an excuse to make another one- if it's just packed away & never touched---those are the ones i will not make another one for.