View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Edie

We are in St. Paul. Every time I turn around a quilt shop closes. So I have to be content with JoAnn and Hancock! I found an exceptional quilt shop that quilts. It is called Quilt Yourself. It is located in Savage. You can either have them do the quilting for you or you can rent the machine and take a few lessons on how to do it! I'll just let them do it for me. I just took in a quilt a few days ago. I found some fantastic fabric - batik multi colored. My mother says that she heard Vern Yip (he's on HGTV) say that something looked like Rainbow Throw Up. Well, it's spewed like that, but it matches every color I used. My plan was to not use any fabric at all, except for the sashing, backing, border and binding, more than once. I kdid just that. I made a sampler quilt with 35 different blocks - 5 across/7 down. And then when I got to the shop I wasn't sure on a thread I asked if they had a variegated thread. She hauled one out and that was it! It matched every color in the border. I'll get it back on November 15. Can't wait. I have the binding all put together, ironed and ready for when I get the quilt.

Now I am working on a quilt for my husband and I. It is a Floating Star Scrappy quilt. I am using up more of my stash.

Got my bird seed, so I am all set to go.

Are you young or old like I am! Not at the doddering stage yet, but getting there. GO SEW! Edie