View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 08:11 AM
stitcherlady

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
Well done! I love it, the colors, the pattern ... most of all the size. I ADORE small blocks - the smallest I've done was 1/4" finished squares - and I will freely admit my seams don't match anywhere near as close as yours. I did quilt it - it wasn't "easy" but it did indeed quilt (FMQ on a domestic machine).

Suggestion for the border would be a 1/2" colorful border (a print with many "dark" colors), then a wide print with soft colors, then bind with the same print as your narrow border.

Another possible suggestion is ... find a repeating border print with lots of bright/dark colors that can be mitered easily. Use a WIDE (4" perhaps) border - mitred so the repeats match at each corner. Then just bind. I adore mitered/matched borders as much as I do small pieces.

I would love to see your miniature! Wow, 1/4" finished squares...can't even imagine.

I thought I was going to make it a borderless quilt, just was trying to decide whether to quilt it or not and how to frame it. I will give your idea some thought though. Thanks.