Old 08-27-2012, 10:11 AM
Divokittysmom

Default Free Motion Quilting Class... ohhhh what a challenge

I took a Free Motion Quilting class with a friend on saturday. Oh my goodness..... what a way to feel like a failure!! LOL I now know the basics for free motion and the instructor was very generous in letting us use her tools such as a 'Kwick klip tool for pins, Sew Slip sheets, gloves, pens etc etc. It was nice previewing these items before deciding whether I could live without them or not. I learned a lot of interesting tidbits about quilting, threads, designs etc. It was a good class to attend and I did learn a few tips and tricks but I realize that the most important part of the class is what comes afterwards... and that would be PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE....... ETC I am sure that some pick this up immediately and do quite well, I guess I would confess that for me... not sew much! giggle
I find that I am more proficient going left to right than vice versa. My free motion at this point looks like my 3 yr old granddaughter did it! LOL but... I will continue to practice and practice.... and practice.... My friend and I were pretty discouraged at the end of class but then as we chatted we realized we were better than when we began sooooo.... I will try to hold onto that thought!! ;-)
A website that the instructor highly recommended was: http://www.daystyledesigns.com/freem...ltingintro.htm

I will be checking this out and hopefully learn further about FMQ