Old 08-28-2012, 06:35 AM
romanojg

I took a class at the Raleigh NC quilt show. I was lucky that they supplied the machines and it just happened to be on the machine that I own; Viking Ruby. I had always been nervous to try after hearing all of the horror stories on here. I loved it and found out I was pretty good too. I need to practice alot to get my stitches more even but I did pretty good. The ruby had two options when FMQ so we did the one she liked the best and it was good. My friend didn't like it so much but she hasn't even sewed for a few yrs and she would tense up. The teacher didn't focus alot on the gadgets. While we were practicing she'd talk about things she's had good luck with and such and then showed us a few things she likes at the end. I'd take another one of her classes in a heart beat. Now to just find the time to practice it a lot more. Leah Day's website is great and offers a lot of great tips. My LQS is having a demo in Sept on the longarm and showing us things that aren't quilting too so we have more options and then be more tempted to buy one. I'm no where close to buying one but looking forward to learning what all it can do and we'll have hands on as well. The last time Viking came to the store I bought the 5D Pro software and I had a great time learning from her. I'm now learning how to digitize and this past weekend my teacher showed me how to design a cover for my Nook, doing it all in the hoop; which is the way I like doing it. I love doing embroidery as much as the quilting.