View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 07:38 AM
fatquarters

Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
I plan on doing some hand quilting in the near future and will be creating my own "stencil" by using the Glad press & seal . I will be placing the plastic wrap on a design I wish to copy.. then using a black marker trace the design....lift the plastic wrap and place on the block and then stitch thru everything...when finished remove the plastic wrap...I understand the plastic has a very light sticky back that doesn't leave a residue on the fabric. I hope it works...
I have never done this BUT. I had read a tip about glad press and seal. it had to do with painting. it said to used glad press and seal to protect nearby surfaces. So last week, I was painting a hutch, but didnt want the counter part to get paint on it, so I put on press ans seal, while I applied my 3 coats of paint. it rally worked good for keeping paint off my surface. THEN when I removed it there was a lot of residue on my counter. I tried wiping, then soap, then something stronger, then goo gone!!! the goo gone did work, but I have a new fear of press and seal residue!!!