View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 05:52 PM
Pollytink

I want to thank everyone for your input! I'll go ahead and put it together and then wash it. Let me go through this for my own reassurance! 1. Put it together: I have a piece of insul board I used to use as a design bd, in the basement; bring it up, clean it up, lay it on the card table. Need to tape the back to the board, right? then the batting....I have one pkg of fusible but don't know if it's big enough, have two other batts for kids quilts, have to ck size. This is nuts! I have done this before but don't remember a bit of it! I like the recent discussions on basting with Elmer's so may try this.

When together, quilt it first or bind it then quilt it? I'll be doing it on my Necchi Supernova Ultra.....from remembering doing the kids' little more or less whole cloth quilts, it does a good job at what little quilting I did!

I'm ok with the binding....On one of the ABC quilts I did, I sewed it on the back, brought to front and used a dec stitch on the Necchi to stitch it down. Looked pretty good. That was a cute little quilt but I was too chicken to try to quilt it so I tied it.

I know I shouldn't be so anxious about this but I want it to be nice for little Lenora. That's the name Lila says they'll name her. Lila is my moderator on the Necchi list I have on Yahoo...have never met her but she's been a real godsend for me on the list!! She has a little boy about 3 and I'm going to make him a pillowcase so he doesn't feel left out....he's nuts about airplanes so I got some airplane fabric and that's what his pillowcase will be. I have a vintage Kenmore 1803 with a monogrammer and want to put his name, Gaby, on the p-case if I figure out how to use it! Haven't had it out in a long time.

Well, I've rattled on long enough.....And you know what......thinking about washing it when it's finished also has me a bit freaked out. I know, calm down and just do it! I love this board but do need to stop using it to procrastinate, I guess. Thank you all again and I'll report back.
Polly