Thread: Quick Quilts
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Sierra

It's nice to fit in to a group! Many of you don't like the intricate piecing and neither do I (love to admire, not do). Right now I am doing a French braid and it is driving me crazy! Hard to to place the strips together (maybe I should have tried a pattern), boring... so much repetition. I'm going across the quilt (lap robe) w/o a strip in between the arches so I have to keep adding until I have the 5 pieces to make up the width. Am using a roll of strips (Bali Pops) for the first time because I wanted it to be "soft" and "conservative" because of for whom I am making it. Then I put strong little blocks in! and frankly, it looks like a hodge podge and not the least conservative.

What hurts the most is that there is a beautiful dragon trying to come out of some fabric my grandson and I went out and bought. He did the design off a picture I found.... Simple applique, despite it's 5' heighth and tons of firery breath. Now that is fun! and simple once you have a five foot pattern from Staples enlarging machine.....