Old 09-02-2012, 12:02 PM
GreatStarter

Default Thank you to anyone who makes things for preemies-my new grandson benefited!

Thank you to anyone who donates something they make for preemies and newborns. My first Grandson made an early entrance into this world last Thursday nite. (by emergency C-section) We rushed to get there but were still two hours away when we got a picture of our new grandson wearing a tiny red knit cap. It was adorable. And YES he is healthy and was released from the NICU early this morning, after just three days . He is now in the room with his mom and dad! We had to leave for home last night once we knew mom and baby were both improving.
I was able to spend alot of time in the NICU cuddling and bonding with him. I got to see so many preemies and very ill newborns wearing the cutest knit or crocheted caps that people donated. I can't thank you enough. Sorry tears are running down my cheeks as I am trying to type this. He was born in a very large maternity hospital, in a brand new section of the hospital, in New York City, NY, USA. So unfortunately I saw so very many extremely tiny ill preemies, but those hats on the ones healthy enough to wear them showed that other people care. It means alot to the families of those babies. Over the years I have made and donated many different types of items to programs but never hats as I hate to knit or crochet. So THANK You to anyone who makes those hats-they help keep the babies warm and mean so very much to the families!

Kat