View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 07:22 PM
NikkiLu

My very best friend of 45+ years passed away a year ago and she and I have sewed and quilted constantly the whole time we have known each other. We live about 5 miles apart in the country. I did not know exactly what she wanted done with her "stash" but she did have a daughter-in-law, granddaughter and a sister and a bunch of nieces. Oh yes, she had an entire bedroom FULL of fabric on the bolts in bookcases, etc. and then a basement where she had her longarm machine, rolls of batting, and fabric.

So, imagine my shock and horror when my DH and I went over there one day and her DH said that he had spent the past two days burning her fabric, etc. I actually thought I was going to be sick. Seems he did not like her family enough to share with them. But, I was able to get some fabric in plastic totes that were in her closet - guess that he did not know that it was fabric in them or he would have burned them too. I also got her books and when I asked about any of her paper patterns, etc. he said that he guessed that he had already burnt them. Really sad.