Thread: Canned Peaches
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Barbshobbies

Ah yes peaches, I have all kinds of fruit trees. Would you believe, we had 3 days of 80% in March this year? We live in Mid Wisconsin! Well all my fruit trees greened our early, and when they were in full bloom, we had a frost. So we have no apples, no mull berries, no pears, no cherries BUT we had peaches!!! They bloomed later and the tree was full, my guess over 3 bushel. Then came a storm, the blew the preach tree over, so to turn nothing into something, I picked a bushell of small green peaches and would you know, they slowly ripened on the cupboard. Then I shared some with friends and canned some(not to pretty ) But again they tasted extra good. The same storm took down my grape fense and by the time we got a new one up and the grapes pruned, (the broken parts from the Storm) the crop was real small, and then in one day the chickens found them and now we have none. Well I still had a big black berry bush to make jam. I kept telling DH soon they would be ready, and DH said I wouldn`t count on it. WELL I took my ice cream pail out to pick them and there stood my DH eating them as he had been every day! There is always next year.