View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 02:04 AM
J Miller

EPILOG:

All the work I’ve done to refurbish this sewing machine case may seem like a waste of time and effort to some. It takes so much time and materials to do the repairs, it’s not worth it, or so they say.

Well, I have time, it took less than two days to fix this box, and to me the refurbishing of these cases not only is worth it, but it’s a cost saving thing as well.

I’ve repaired at least six cases in various states of disrepair and damage and have two I’m working on now that have been repaired, but are needing recovering.

Add to this list the case from Caroline and that makes 9.

If I’d had to buy replacement cases for all these broken ones I would have had to shell out over a $100.00. Around here they run $20.00 + per each.

If I add up all my parts and supplies I doubt very much that I’d have over $40.00 invested in the repairs of all these cases.

My supplies; glue, nails, plywood, stain, shellac is also being used to repair two treadle and three e-machine cabinets. Most of this has been bought over time or found for free, so the cost is really minimal.

Here is the repaired case Caroline sent me awaiting its’ new occupant:

And just for those who don’t believe I can drive a sewing machine here’s a pic of yours truly sewing a grocery bag with our newly acquired ALDENS ZZ machine sitting in the newly repaired case:

Joe