View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 04:39 AM
grandmahoney

Originally Posted by fleurdelisquilts.com View Post
My husband and I had an odd conversation (for 50 year-olds anyway) about what I want him to do with my studio "stuff" if I go before him. After informing him that he IS going first, I really got to thinking about it. I have more stuff than any quilter really should, but he's a good hubby and apparently he loves me cause he actually takes me to quilt shops even with all the fabric and notions and machines that I already have. He figures that stuff in my studio is worth many thousands: two machines, a long arm, fabric, notions, lace, yarn, I don't know what all. Plus the stuff that I inherited from my mom.....

Okay, so what did I say? Goodness, I have no idea! Now I'm worried someone (namely my sons and dil's) will burn my stuff just to get rid of it!!! Oh goodness, that will not do. No one in my family can sew even a button, so there's no one to give it to or to say "decide about this."

Have you made arrangements for your quilting supplies and machines? What have you decided? What can anyone do or not do? How do they know? I'll agree that none of it will matter to me when St. Pete is asking questions, but I'd like to know that my work and love will not be tossed without even a thought. Like anyone, I've got tons of money and countless hours of working, organizing, hoarding in there. I need some advice! It's occurred to me that my work and hours may not even be considered.....
I have often wondereds myself. So one thing that I have done I have made quilts and just given them to all my sisters and nieces so they will have something to remember me by. I have also made a quilt and sent it to this 80 year old Lady in Ohio that was very kind to my brother when he needed help. There is just something about given something away and not expecting anything in return is such a blessing. You could make quilts for shelters or baby quilts for hosptials there is many people in need out there.