View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 03:30 PM
SouthPStitches

OMG, what a trip down memory lane - go-go boots and MerriMints. Wonder if you can order them from the Vermont Country Store catalog?

I wanted a Chatty Cathy in the worse way and got her. I still have her on the shelf in the guest room. Thought of selling her on e-Bay a couple of years ago but couldn't do it. Would be the same as selling a piece of my childhood.

Wanted a tandem bike, that never happened.

Also wanted a visit from the Breast Fairy - still waiting on that one - or two. Swore I was the last girl in the entire junior high not wearing a bra. Finally went to my Mom and said if she was waiting to buy me a bra when I had something to actually put in it, I'd be out of high school, and that it was just plain embarrassing.

Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
the recent thread on toy irons got me thinking about my "wish list" when I was little. I didn't want much, just
A- 64 box of Crayola crayons
B- white go-go boots
C- Easy Bake oven
D- a box of MerriMints all to myself. These were a candy we had at fancy parties, and I was only allowed one or two. I loved them and said, When I grow up I will BUY my own. Wouldn't you know, when I grew up they did not make them any more.

So what did you always want, and did you ever get it?

I did not get anything on my list, but I survived!