View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 06:54 AM
tobylehnj

I have about three or more baskets and it keeps growing... I know what you mean. Have no gone to Quiltville.com ?
Bonnie K. Hunter has a website there, that deals with scraps. There are many, many FREE pattern to use with her Scrap User System. She feels you should cut all scraps into usable sizes, 1.5, 2, 3.5 strips. Then when you want to sew, you already have the sizes you need to use. You can sit and sew, not cutting so much. I took a class with her in Hershey two years ago on using crumbs, the smaller pieces to sew together in crazy quilt style and making 4 to 6 inch blocks, then sash them and turn those small pieces to a quilt. I did three in just months after that. I just took a class with her this July in Hershey, PA again. I made some crumbs blocks in between using the scrap pieces as Leader and Enders of each row as I made the Tumale rails quilt. I made mug rugs of them and a queen size quilt top. Why use a scrap of fabric and fill it with thread and throw it away. Make a second quilt piece while you make you main quilt. She is fabulous. Read her blog or follow her on facebook.... quiltville.com
Donna, LEH, NJ