View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Kate230

Default My experience with 830 E

I had a bad experience with my 830e. I have had it since they first came out, but due to the fact that mydaughter was ill, it had few hours on it until a little over an year ago. I was trying to make my youngest's wedding dress and it did all the things you have mentioned. Thread broke, got error messages, etc. plus bobbin system was messing up and locking. I took it in to my dealer and they worked on it. Brought it home and it started it again. (Bernina said it was operator error-I didn't load my bobbin correctly) The second time my dealer took it to bernina tech. training so it could be checked out by the experts. they replaced a number of parts and suggested I be retrained on how to thread the machine and basic use. Highly insulting, but I did it. Back home and within a month it was doing all the same stuff again. I boxed it up and wrote a letter saying I need to have my machine replaced and documeted the 5 trips back for repairs. This time they replaced the whole bobbin system, some parts on the inside, and made a lot of new adjustments. No new machine. They did not tell me what they had done or send any type of sheet documenting the repairs. They sent something to my dealer and I had to ask for a copy. It is sewing well right now, but who knows about tomorrow. It will soon be out of warranty andthen I am sunk. I can't afford to sell and buy a new one. Big loss of money. So keep on them about this machine because there are definitely some lemons out there. I have one.

Last edited by Kate230; 09-07-2012 at 12:59 PM.