View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 07:45 PM
nanOmint

Originally Posted by lovingmama View Post
Always wanted a rocking chair for my Mother, so she could do her cross word puzzles in it. Also a plate full of black licorice, that my brother would get me when he grew up.

Many years after my mother's passing, I finally got a rocking chair and rocked my children in it. Can't help but think of my mother, when I sit in it. I wish it could've been her sitting here.

As for the licorice, I know it will never happen and I'm for sure my brother has long forgotten, but I still wish I could have it.

Sometimes it seems things come to late or they will not happen at all, but that's Ok too. We have memories that no one can take and are fortunate to have them. For some, they don't even have memories to warm their hearts.
I have been craving licorice all summer, but couldn't find it in the stores. Finally found some in a
$$$Store, brought it home and hid it in my stash. Heard something on the TV and so I googled it, the brand of licorice I bought is being recalled. I am not turning it in, at my age I am not afraid of a little lead. I just want to keep it away from the dgks.

Last edited by nanOmint; 09-07-2012 at 07:47 PM.