Old 09-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Caroline S

Default Update to Stitch Length Selector problem

I did some more fiddling with the Stitch Length Selector this afternoon. There is some kind screw in the center of the dial that sits behind the set screw in the center of the dial. By taking a small screwdriver and turning the center screw I was able to move that pointy end that juts out of the back. It is the pointy thing that engages with the mechanism inside and adjusts the stitch length. The first stitches were six to an inch, nowI am now getting a respectable 10 stitches to an inch and am not going to mess with it any more.

I also had to spend some time adjusting the upper tension. That was a chore because the upper tension dial is not numbered. I also decided that the first bobbin case that I tried was not going to defeat me either. I played with it's tension screw. Voila, both upper and lower tensions are balanced and providing a perfect stitch.

Attached Thumbnails 2012-09-07-davis-nvf-004.jpg   2012-09-06-mercury-electric-stitch-regulator-004.jpg   2012-09-06-mercury-electric-stitch-regulator-001.jpg   2012-09-06-mercury-electric-stitch-regulator-002.jpg