Old 09-09-2012, 06:22 PM
totosmom

I have really enjoyed seeing all these photos! It's fun to see all the different SMs that people use to make their quilts and projects. Let's see if I can post a few of mine.

This 66K hand crank is probably my oldest one, from 1918. I could not resist its lovely decals. My SMG put it into working order, but I haven't used it yet. My 201 is a centennial model which just purrs. It originally came in a dome covered case, but I was able to find this cabinet and with a little help, install it too. I will have to clean the bobbin winder, but otherwise, it is wonderful.

The next two are 301s from the 1950s too. The black one was my first vintage model which comes with me to my Quilts of Valor meetings. I love it because it makes a perfect stitch and is so portable. In fact, I like it so much i got another one, the light beige and oyster white model which was made about five years later. With these, I feel no need for a Featherweight! In addition, we also have a model 127 which belonged to my hubby's grandmother. He hasn't quite finished working on the cabinet, but the irons and head are ready to go. My other SMG put that one into working order after a looooong (40 year) nap. Can't wait to put her together and learn to treadle. I think she goes back to 1928.

And speaking of long naps, it's time for me to hit the sack. It's been a long day, and as much as I love talking SMs, I DO need my beauty rest!
Attached Thumbnails singer-66-lotus.jpg   singer-201-small-.jpg   singer-301-black-small-.jpg   singer-301-lbow-small-.jpg