View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Greenheron

Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
It is sad that what used to be good channels, like History, TLC, and Discovery, have all jumped on the "reality" bandwagon.
You said a mouthful......AMC has become the gross series channel, I used to depend on it for good ol' entertaining films. National Geographic likes to debunk religion and the Bible, and how in the name of common sense did something so inane as "Ghost Hunters" get on the air on a supposed-to-be quality channel. One used to be able to depend on Animal Planet for instructional programs, even the hard to watch rescue shows had something to teach. Now we see 'River Monsters' and catfish noodlers etc. Style has lost it.

Thank goodness my DS hooked my computer to the tv and I can get instant Netflix, Amazon, etc. that way. If I watch Pride and Prejudice or the complete run of Upstairs, Downstairs or every Katherine Hepburn movie ever made over and over I will never have to watch Snooki, Baby Boo Boo, the Kardashians, anything with a title that includes "the real....", Dog the Bounty Hunter or Jerry Springer. (Turner Classic Movies is pretty good, if you can get it.)